The Procurement Transplant Coordinator evaluates the medical suitability of potential organ donor referrals, facilitates or coordinates organ donation activities, and conducts hospital development activities to maximize donation and promote a pro-donation culture.
- Respond to initial organ donor referrals and organ import offers to evaluate the medical suitability of potential donors. Follow up on referred patients when on call.
- Provide donor family support, clinically manage the organ donor, coordinate the allocation of organs, facilitate the recovery and preservation of organs in the operating room, and complete all related documentation.
- Develop and maintain a positive and supportive donation culture within hospitals in Life Connection of Ohio’s service area, thereby assisting in achieving overall donation goals.
- Perform quality control on donor records, assist with quality improvement and Recovery Department projects, and perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field or more than five years of related experience in a healthcare setting is required.
- Procurement Transplant Coordinator or Hospital ER, ICU or surgical experience preferred.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and CPTC preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer and data entry skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, which demonstrate good judgment.
- Sensitivity and high degree of confidentiality required.
Job Opening Location
Dayton Regional Office – 1 Position Available
40 Wyoming St.
Dayton, Ohio 45409
This position requires significant on-call duties and travel within Life Connection of Ohio’s service area.
Submit your resume
‹ Back to all careers